Location: Dudley, West Midlands, West Bromwich, Walsall
My client is a leading manufacturer of Welding Machines providing Welding Solutions to the Aerospace, Automotive, Oil and Construction industries, MTI Welding continues to demonstrate rapid expansion year on year. To support growth a new position has arisen for:
You will have several years experience in a multi-discipline hydraulic machine design environment.
Your primary tasks will involve the mechanical & hydraulic design on an existing range of Resistance welding machines and development of new Friction Welding machines. Alongside this you will be given responsibility for a variety of technical projects in line with the Company's growth & development strategy.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for hydraulic Pack design of closed loop hydraulic systems, Mechanical design and detail drawings with BOM’s to company standards all to be released strictly on time. You will work closely with software engineers and electrical engineers, as well as working with global partners to develop Company standards.
Excellent organisational skills are required with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Knowledge of the following is essential:
- Hydraulic power pack design, Power calculations, closed loop Proportion valve circuits design, Manifold design, Latest valve knowledge.
- 3d CAD, preferably Solidworks.
- Engineering calculations.
- Population of CE technical files.
- Technical documentation, installation manuals etc.
- Heavy Machine design.
- Detail design to BS 8888
- Working closely with electrical , mechanical and software engineers to produce integrated control systems
- Produce conceptual designs from functional specifications
- Management of Bills of Material and detail manufacturing drawings
Knowledge of the following is advantageous:
- CE marking
- Friction Welder design
- Resistance welder design
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181