Salary: £31-33K plus overtime: (Time and 1/2 in the week over 40 hrs, time and 1/2 Saturday morning, double time sat afternoon, Sunday and BH) + 5% Bonus
Location: North East, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Darlington
My client is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. They deliver lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
A position of Field Service Engineer has arisen within our company as a result of growing business activity. We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join our successful team. Interested applicants who believe they have the required ability and desire to succeed are encouraged to apply. We are ideally looking for candidates to be based around the M4 corridor.
It is Company policy to strive for utmost customer care and perform all duties to the highest standards.
Your main duties will comprise, but not be limited to:
- after-sales service including installation, commissioning, repairs and maintenance of company cranes or other manufacturers‘ products in the U.K. and abroad
- recording performance of cranes
- carrying out PDI’s
- in particular notifying the Company of any recurring fault in a component or function of a crane
- inspection of new and used cranes and producing respective reports
- assistance and, if instructed, training of crane operators and engineers in our workshop area
- carrying out routine service on cranes
- preparing cranes ready for hand-over to customers
- regularly reporting activities in the shop, as agreed with your superiors
- assisting in building up and maintaining meaningful machine records and backup documentation
- maintaining close contact with the After-Sales Departments of our Principals, if deemed necessary by the Department Manager
- representing the company. in a professional manner in the market place
- ability to travel in UK or occasionally overseas and work at any time as required to maintain our customers’ operations
- outside hours support may be required.
- Completion of school GCSE Certificate level or equivalent
- Completion of relevant vocational certificates or equivalent ideally electrical qualifications
- Previous past significant experience in a commercial industry workshop or similar
Desirable: Previous crane maintenance is desirable
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181