Location: Hereford, Herefordshire, Ludlow, Leominster
My client is a leading 1st tier supplier of plastic components for the Automotive sector – supplying a range of interior and exterior components.
- Co-ordination of Health & Safety activities on site
- Maintenance of the Environmental Management System
NVQ Level 3 or experience to cover
IOSH Managing Safely
All team members are expected to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours to an acceptable level: job knowledge, quality and quantity of work, self motivation and initiative, effective communication, positive attitude to colleagues, understanding of documentation, customer knowledge, safety and organisation, timekeeping and attendance.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Behave in a courteous, respectful and professional manner towards members of staff, Managers and customers.
- Encourage good communication and working relationships across the business.
- Share job knowledge and skills and supporting other team members with their workload.
- Keep your Manager informed of any issues and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Suggest ways to improve quality, productivity and the work environment.
- Complete training and development to increase professional competence.
- Comply with company policy, quality procedures and the Health & Safety Act at all times.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage and maintain the Company’s Environmental Management System.
- To maintain the Company’s ISO14001 accreditation.
- To establish and maintain the Company’s Health & Safety Management System.
- To compile and submit company document data onto IMDS, supported by the Purchasing Manager.
- To liase with regulatory officers as necessary.
- To specify and organize annual Health & Safety/Environmental monitoring in line with Company operating permits and legal requirements.
- To compile and maintain the Company’s MSDS records.
- To assist in the Company’s REACH co-ordinator.
- To participate in HSE and Action Group meetings, record, transcribe and distribute minutes accordingly.
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Preparing Health & Safety strategies and developing an internal policy.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carry out risk assessments in conjunction with local area Management/Staff and consider how risks can be reduced.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Lead in-house training with Managers and employees about Health & Safety issues and risks.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all the Health & Safety legislation and developments.
- Carbon Reduction Commitment.
- Record and investigate all accidents and report on HSE website when applicable.
- Record all accident statistics on QOS sheets on a monthly basis.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This job description reflects the general nature and level of work assigned to the role. It does not restrict managements right to reassign duties, responsibilities or location at any time based on business needs if the work is similar, related or a logical reassignment for the position. The Company will, where possible, take into account your personal circumstances.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181