Location: Worcester, West Midlands, Kidderminster, Droitwich
A major manufacturer within the food sector.
- To manage shift & facilities teams, maintaining and improving both plant and equipment uptime.
- To optimise and deliver the highest standards of machine efficiency and output, whilst operating safely at all times
- To supervise the reactive team to maintain plant, processes and system(s) aligned with site KPI’s
JOB FACTS AND FIGURES
- Maintenance cover 24/7.
- Responsibility for shift Maintenance team circa 8 plus sub-contractors.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
- Responsible for providing a reactive engineering service to the site, ensuring the team have the skills and knowledge required to meet business expectations.
- To provide technical assistance and engineering expertise to drive continual improvement for the site, seeking engineering advances within the food industry to drive overall KPI performance.
- To further develop and report on Maintenance KPI’s that tie in with the overall Engineering departments objectives.
- Effectively manage a team of highly skilled engineers to deliver against set KPI’s and business challenges/expectations.
- Supervise 3rd party suppliers and contractors, building effective long term relationships.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualified Engineer with at least 3 years supervisory experience in a similar position.
- At least 5 years experience within manufacturing, ideally with short shelf life, chilled food exposure
- Knowledge of H&S and environmental control systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of managing teams
- Experience of the latest engineering techniques
- IT literate with an understanding of best practise systems and processes
- To ensure Maintenance best practices are established and adopted within the site
- To lead and develop the shift Maintenance team to ensure skill levels and approach of individuals meet the needs of the business
- To minimise the risk to the site by ensuring current legislative requirements are adhered to and relevant procedures are in place
- To ensure compliance with standards set by accrediting bodies and customers e.g. BRC/audits
- Work closely with the site management team and 3rd party maintenance support to ensure good working relationships and improve efficiencies
Candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communication and people management skills, including coaching, developing and mentoring high performing teams
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, flexibility to support the site in its 24/7 operation
- Good I.T Literacy
- Ability to lead teams in the discussion of persistent problems and identify workable solutions
- Excellent Planning & Prioritising skills
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- A focus on safe working practices
Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181