Maintenance Technician (3 Shift Rotation) Automotive Published: 11th October 2016
Leading 1st tier supplier in the automotive sector
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Manage the communication process between Maintenance and other business functions, in particular Production.
- Support the nurturing of a work culture that fosters growth, trust, honesty, empowerment and mutual respect utilising the company Management and Cooperation Principles.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- To be a professional, proactive, and productive representative of the Maintenance Team within the company.
- To ensure production targets and quality objectives are met by contributing to the effective maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment. To work as part of a team responsible for meeting quality, cost and timing targets within the role.
- Diagnose and rectify equipment problems quickly and efficiently
- Investigate permanent solutions to equipment problems
- Plan and implement equipment improvement
- Ensure that all processes meet health and safety requirements and that procedures are followed
- Contrinute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system
- Contribute to cost reduction projects
- To maintain a safe working environment and actively support the continuing development of a safety culture
- To work flexibility and carry out additional duties as requested
- Assist in the management of maintenance stores.
- Understanding of automotive manufacturers practices
- Good, sound engineering background I.e. an understanding of manufacturing processes (automotive experience an advantage)
- Basic knowledge of business and quality systems in the automotive sector
- Able to understand modern engineering philosophies for example Kaizen, Poke Yoke, JIB, Muda, 5's, standardised work, FMEA, ISO14001 etc
- Knowledge of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Good Numeracy and Literacy skills
- 3 years post qualification experience
- Ability to manage conflicts and differences of opinion and still achieve objectives
- Sound understanding of health, safety and environmental issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator at all levels of an organisation
- Self motivated
- Practical Problem Solving techniques
- Time management and planning skills
- Knowledge of standard IT software including Word and Excel
- BTEC Certificate Engineering, City & Guilds Electrical Installations Parts I & II or equivalent.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181