Location: Coventry, West Midlands, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
A global OEM of construction machinery.
The postholder will support the development of construction products and markets through effective analysis and communication of market and customer needs. They will own the product specification, ensuring voice of the customer feedback is captured and utilised during the development process, and will create and carry out sales training to describe features and benefits of new products or enhancement. Extensive product knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the customer will be utilised when supporting new product intended for release into the market.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Gather and interpret voice of the customer information through organised events (e.g. concept testing or product benchmarking) or surveys and appropriate research and networking, and use this information to give direction to the product development process on specifications, performance, options and attachments etc
- Monitor and review market trends, needs and requirements, considering future technology, competitor products & services, and the changing requirements of regulatory bodies, so that opportunities for existing or new compact products can be identified.
- Strategically manage and own the product portfolio from “cradle to grave”, creating multi-generational product plans to maximise platform and module sharing opportunities across product lines.
- Research competitor value proposition and use this information to provide clarity within the company of the customer value proposition and the differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Gather relevant pricing information for all regions and use this to support regional Sales teams in establishing competitive local pricing.
- Use all of the knowledge gathered in 1-5 to support milestone delivery for each gate within the NPPD process.
- Create and deliver training and sales material on new products and product enhancements for Sales and Aftermarket team members, customers and end users. Participate in new product releases and product awareness presentations, and support product demonstration events as required.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering, other technical or business discipline.
- Higher degree in Engineering or Business discipline.
- Compact construction equipment driving licence.
- Minimum 1 years working in the Construction Industry business, in the relevant product application.
- Appreciation of product segmentation, ROI, margin calculations and the influential forces and elements in the industry sector.
- Minimum of 1 year as a product manager for similar products or in similar markets.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181