Location: Worcester, West Midlands
To support, promote and advise all departments to ensure that at all times the quality, the food safety and the legality of the products manufactured are adhered to. To ensure that the quality management system is effectively managed and maintained.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure the efficient and effective running of the Quality team through managing the performance of the team as a whole with the direct responsibility of managing the QA technologists to ensure that the quality management system is fully maintained.
- To manage the well being, performance and personal development of their team.
- To promote and advise on food safety, quality and legality of the products manufactured and ensure that technical standards are achieved throughout the production process on a day to day basis.
- Weekly meetings with relevant departments to communicate KPI data and drive action plan
- To work with production, engineering, hygiene and product development on food safety, quality or legality issues and work with the teams where there is a need to trouble shoot, investigate and resolve and to be main the day to day contact where technical decisions are required
- To conduct scheduled internal audits within the business to drive standards forward
- Through micro trend analysis and specific micro issues, investigate and resolve to reduce the number of micro overspecifications .
- Through trend analysis of customer complaints or where specific issues arise these are actioned and closed to reduce the number of customer complaints received.
- To drive a quality culture within the factory to ensure successful quality consistency panels
- To be part of the internal audit team scheduled against BRC or customer codes of practice.
- To be a key member of the HACCP team.
- To work on specific projects to improve procedures and technical standards within the factory
- To develop and train out where required - new procedures to members of the technical team or production dependant on requirements
- To facilitate the effective implementation of new products into the business
- To work with suppliers to ensure that raw materials and packaging consistently conforms to specification. This is to include supplier auditing where required.
- To oversee budgetary control within the quality assurance department
- To be instrumental in preparation for external/customer audits, visits etc
- Duties / Specific project work as directed by the Technical Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferably a BTEC / HNC or above in food science or related discipline or a minimum of 5 Years Relevant Food Industry Experience
Computer Literate – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent team work, communication and negotiating skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Effective at problem solving, making judgements, trouble shooting and decision making
- Able to challenge in a correct and appropriate manner
- Demonstrates initiative and drive to change
- High level of integrity and good objective decision making skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Effective man- management skills
- Computer Literate
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources to discuss further