Location: UK – Can be home based
My client is a world leader in the development and service of a comprehensive range of mechanical products for fastening, connecting and lifting mechanical structures and pipelines. Primarily supplying the Oil & Gas and Subsea markets but also delivering to the mining, power generation, Nuclear, renewables and Aerospace sectors.
Responsible for developing the market by building a strong customer base and converting the known potential into contracts.
- Takes responsibility for revenue growth and establishes sales targets within the territory. Reaches and exceeds sales goals, manages expenses and assists manager with territory reports and forecast.
- Takes overall sales responsibility for all markets within defined region.
- Generates customer requirements through sales visits and close customer contact.
- Assists and issues professional, technical quotations and maximizing margin.
- Conducts technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Some exposure to a site environment may be required.
- Maintains an accurate and up to date market database including competitor activity and becomes an active member of local industry recognized bodies.
- Travels within the region and elsewhere as required.
- Maintains strong relationships with existing partners and identifies new ones
- Reports regularly on opportunities, current quotation status and expected orders.
- Provides appropriate reporting e.g. (score card, visit reports etc.).
- Updates and uses CRM system (Quickbase)
- Trip preparation including risk assessment with approval, visa, etc…
- Cash collection: assists Accounting Department when appropriate
- Liaises with colleagues to ensure that opportunities for product and market development are identified and actioned.
- Follows any reasonable instruction given by the Manager.
- Participates in improvement activities to ensure the smooth flow of systems and information and to eliminate waste in all processes.
- Works in a manner which safeguards the safety and welfare of self and others.
- Ensures all HSEQ rules and regulations are communicated and enforced throughout the Organization. Proactively participate to safety awareness and improvement.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally. To follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures. Be an ambassador for the businesses in particular ensure that Health & Safety comes first at all times.
- Mechanical engineering background or Business Management education. In the latter, the candidate should be able to prove good technical experience
- Good and recent experience from the African market, Nigeria and/or Angola is mandatory - end users, contractors (bolting), major players in the O&G industry
- Direct sales experience is a must have
- 5 to 7 years of Experience of selling technical/engineered products and services.
- Location : UK or France, home office possible
- Full driving license.
- English: read, written, spoken.
- French: a BIG plus.
- Mobility: Travel to all Sub-Saharan African Countries in accordance with HT travels policy. Spend minimum 50% of the time in the field.
- Adaptability to the function: travel during week-end, night flights, etc…
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181