My client provides its customers with very high added-value solutions, products, technologies and services in mining, uranium chemistry, uranium enrichment, used fuel recycling, logistics, dismantling, and fuel cycle engineering.
They currently have a workforce of 20,000 employees
Within Engineering & Operation organisation (E&O), the Senior Process Engineer will integrate operational engineering multi-disciplines teams delivering projects at various phases, from FEED to commissioning, or in assistance to Plant Operation in the UK.
The assignments will be on projects:
- Deliver and manage technical studies,
- Design of chemical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support. Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, process flow diagrams, process flow-sheets (chemical and radiological), P&IDs, specifications for instrumentation, automations, equipment and sampling, hazards and malfunctions management,
- Technical studies related to waste management: waste retrieval and conditioning, waste route and final package, definition of best options and techniques available, and overall decontamination, decommissioning and dismantling strategies, technologies and processes,
- Technical networking within the company Fuel Cycle, including D&D experts.
The individual will have at least 5 years' experience and a relevant Master degree. They will also have worked on UK nuclear sites with a strong knowledge of UK regulations on waste. They will have a strong ability to deliver commercially efficient solutions
- Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering, or other relevant degree,
- Member of relevant professional body,
- Demonstrable experience of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) and engineering team management in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors,
- Demonstrable experience of waste management (retrieval and conditioning processes for interim or long-term storage) and of liquid and gas treatment processes,
- Recognised Subject Matter Expert (SME),
- Experience of delivering D&D projects for Sellafield or Magnox sites (desirable)
- Ability to understand complex issues and deliver solutions,
- Good communicator, team player and leader,
- Good organisation skills,
- Effective integration with multiple teams and the overall project,
- Quality and results oriented.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181