Location: Wednsebury, Walsall, West Midlands, Wolverhampton,
The Client: A major manufacturer within the Oil & Gas sector (also supplying other industries)
To ensure the project engineering team deliver bespoke engineered non-standard product on time and to budget.
To develop the Project Engineering Team to the next level in project management methods, software, techniques and visual management systems.
- To evaluate the requirements of the project engineering team in balance with customer needs.
- To plan the development of the department identifying resource requirements.
- To liaise with other departments (design, supply chain, manufacturing etc), to ensure that projects are supported and on track at all times.
- To ensure internal and external communications are consistent, appropriate, and timely.
- Develop and issue project plans/summaries for financial and value stream forecast planning, and to integrate projects within standard product production through the facility.
- To specifically manage key customers with multiple projects.
- To develop, mentor, coach and train members of the Project Engineering team.
- To evaluate customer requirements and communicate them to all parties in the organisation.
- To understand all project and contractual obligations.
- To participate in internal and external audits as required and to maintain compliance to ISO 9001.
- To manage all projects with a varied degree of complexity from the point of order to the point of delivery.
- To report financial and technical status of the projects.
- To forecast delivery based on projected resource through liaison with all departments.
- To represent the company at customer meetings on our premises and off site as required.
- Integrate project management onto Oracle MRP system.
- To work in a manner, which protects the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others?
- Actively participate in Company improvement initiatives including LEAD.
- To adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
Candidates wishing to be considered for this position should have the following qualifications/experience:
- A recognized Project Management Degree qualification ie Prince 2 Practitioner.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Project Management role managing a team of project engineers handling multiple projects.
- Good engineering knowledge preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of managing Project Engineering Team to the next level in project management methods, software, techniques and visual management systems.
- Preferably worked in an organization that manufacture bespoke engineered non-standard equipment.
- Key account management is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, influencing and organizational skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Worked in a global company with turnover more than $200 million.
- Matrix management, team and goal oriented.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with practical, hands on problem solving approach.
- High energy and drive.
- Will be required to travel 10% could be globally.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word & PowerPoint programs.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Full driving license
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181